School of Health Sciences and Professional Programs
Welcome to the School of Health Sciences and Professional Programs!
The School houses many exciting educational possibilities, all committed to providing you with a world class education that will competently prepare you for your future.
As your School Dean, join me in an exciting journey along the path to excellence at York College. Remember the following words and thoughts to guide your journey . Begin. Discover. Achieve. "The beginning is the most important part of the work" (Plato). "We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities (Ralph Waldo Emerson). "We are still masters of our fate, we are still captains of our souls" (Winston Churchill). As you explore the School's major and minor areas of study, you'll find academic programs of excellence that are current, vibrant, exciting and diverse.
The School's Departments also offer several exciting minor areas of study for students to consider. Many of the School's professional programs are nationally recognized and accredited by: Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy (ACOTE), Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS), National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education/Council for the of Educator Preparation (NCATE/CAEP). If you have received a degree from one of CUNY's community colleges and graduated in good academic standing, the School offers a streamlined transition to many of its baccalaureate degree programs.
Bachelor of Arts
- Biology Childhood Education
- Biology/ Education 7-12
- English Childhood Education
- English Education/Middle School Extension
- History Childhood Education
- History Education/Middle School Extension
- Interdisciplinary Studies / Teacher Education 1-6
- Mathematics Childhood Education
- Spanish Childhood Education
- Spanish Childhood Education / Bilingual Extension
Bachelor of Science
- Chemistry Childhood Education
- Chemistry/ Education 7-12
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Community Health Education
- Earth Science/Education 7-12
- Gerontological Studies and Services
- Health Education PreK-12
- Health Promotion Management
- Health Science
- Mathematics Education 7-12
- Movement Science
- Nursing - Generic
- Physical Education PreK-12
- Public Health
- Social Work