A Parking Violation Ticket will be issued to a vehicle in violation of York College's Parking Regulations.
Drivers are expected to cooperate with Public Safety Officers to ensure the safe use of the parking lots.
Vehicles May Be Booted for the Following Violations (Boot Removal Fee $75 In Addition to the Specified Violation Fees )
- Displaying a fake or fraudulent parking permit.
- Parked vehicles that obstruct traffic.
- Vehicles with excessive parking violations.
- Illegal entry into the parking lot.
Grade I - $75
- Unauthorized use of parking areas reserved for persons with disabilities.
Grade II - $25
- Driving in an unsafe manner (Endangering pedestrians, property, other vehicles or drivers; speeding).
- Parked in a fire lane or access road.
Grade III - $20
- Failure to obey posted traffic signs or instructions from a Public Safety Officer.
- Failure to display York College parking permit.
- Parking permit improperly displayed.
- Not parked between lines.
- Parking overnight without authorization.
- Parking permit displayed on a vehicle other than that for which it was issued.
- Parked on campus with an expired Registration/Inspection sticker.
- Parked in a reserved parking space
- Parked on grass/sidewalk
- Parked in active roadway Appeal Process: If you wish to contest the parking violation charge, a letter may be sent to the Director of Public Safety at York College stating the reason for disputing the ticket. Include a copy of the ticket along with your address and telephone number. You will receive a response in 14 days.