Parking Safety Tips
The Department of Public Safety relies on the College community’s help in maintaining a safe campus environment for all
Suspicious persons or action should be reported immediately by calling (718) 262-2222 or extension 2222 if calling from a College telephone, or by picking up any Red Public Safety Telephone that automatically dial connects to the Public Safety Office.
- If there is any concern for personal safety for any reason, notify Public Safety immediately.
- When parking off campus, avoid desolate areas that are lightly traveled and, when possible, walk to your vehicle with others.
- When approaching your vehicle look inside before entering to make sure there are no unwanted occupants. After entering, lock all doors.
- Never offer rides to people you do not know.
- DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR VEHICLE. (Holiday Gifts, Leather Coats, Briefcases, Laptops, Tools, Cell phones, etc.)
- IF YOU MUST LEAVE SOMETHING IN YOUR VEHICLE, PLACE IT IN THE TRUNK AND LOCK THE TRUNK. DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS IN PLAIN SIGHT.
- Do not leave your Driver’s License, original registration, house keys or other important personal papers in your vehicle.
- If you see someone breaking into your vehicle or another vehicle, alert this department at extension 2222 or NYPD immediately. Do not place yourself in harm’s way.
- If there is a concern about an illegally parked car, a car with an alarm sounding or a car requiring attention (i.e., lights on, windows open, etc.) please contact Public Safety immediately.
- What To Do If Your Car Is Broken Into – Forbes Advisor