Why Invest in New York?
New York City is indeed the city that never sleeps. At any given hour, you will hear the trains outside your window, honking of horns on the city’s busiest street, sirens blaring through the day and night and of course, the chatter of diverse people roaming the streets at night. It is also the world’s center for a plethora of industries; global commerce, fashion, media, culture, finance, art and entertainment.
New York is the home to several distinguished landmarks including; The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Rockefeller Center, Niagara Falls and of course Times Square. New York is also a major crossroad for international headquarters like the United Nations and the New York Stock Exchange.
Here are the numbers:
- New York has 94 Fortune 500 companies
- New York’s gross state product in 2008 was $1.1 trillion, ranking third in size behind the states of California and Texas
- Ranks 2 nd in the nation in total research and development investment
- $24.4 billion in High Tech payroll
- Upwards of 250 institutions of higher education, both public and private, whose direct economic impact exceeds $100 billion annually
- 1 3 th largest economy in the world
- 3 rd largest grape grower & 2 nd largest wine producer
- 6.2% increase in statewide tourism spending to $57.3 billion
Its size, economic power, and proximity to many of the world’s leading companies, makes New York State an attractive place to which to invest.