M/WBE Certifications and Procurement Opportunities
Are you having difficulty preparing M/WBE application? Do you feel overwhelmed when you look at the Minority Certification applications? Do you need help in identifying bidding opportunities?
Then The New York Small Business Development Center at York College is the place to come for FREE assistance.
Why Get Certified?
Getting certified as an M/WBE allows your company to grow and develop. Once an M/WBE is certified, your company is listed on the directory used by state agencies, public authorities, federal agencies and corporations to find contractors for procurement opportunities, which can mean more customers and business for you. Being certified also gives you access to the statewide network of services and support available to M/WBEs.
Who Qualifies as a MWBE?
- The business must be at least 51% owned, controlled and operated by U.S. citizen(s) or permanent resident(s) who are a member(s) of a designated minority group(s) including Black, Hispanic, Asian Pacific, and Asian-Indian OR a woman or women.
- An enterprise in which minority and/or women ownership interest is real, substantial and continuing.
- An enterprise authorized to do business in New York and which is independently owned and operated.
We are pleased to announce a service that offers step-by-step guidance for M/WBEs and other small contractors. This service will ensure that you are prepared and positioned to take advantage of governmental and private contracts.
You will learn to:
- Make an assessment of your company's readiness for government contracts.
- Develop a marketing strategy for the government.
- Prepare to package according to government requirements,e-payment, FOIL requests, file grievances, etc.
- Prepare government certifications and registrations.
One-on-one counseling is available by appointment only.
Please call us at 718-262-2880 or click on the following link to schedule an appointment.