The Honors Program at York College seeks to provide academic, cultural and social opportunities to enhance the intellectual development of serious, highly able and motivated students.
Honors Program Goal
- Engage students in challenging classroom discussions within designated honors courses.
- Introduce students to a wide array of topics by means of their attendance at seminars, lectures and cultural programs, both on and off campus.
- Provide students opportunities for research and exploration in a wide array of courses, in multiple disciplines as well as interdisciplinary learning experiences.
- Provide students the experience of being part of a group of peers, and the rapport with faculty members and designated advisers, constitute fine ingredients for a truly rewarding learning experience.
- Provide students opportunities for cultural and social engagement to grow in and serve for the community.