- Wear Red for Women Day
- National Wear Red Day, wear red and help raise awareness of women’s No. 1 killer – cardiovascular disease. And too many women, particularly our youngest most diverse women, remain unaware.
- What Women Center Current Students
- When Feb 05, 2021 (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where Virtual / Online
- Contact Name Ebonie Jackson
- Contact Phone 718-262-2008
- Add event to calendar iCal
The price of cardiovascular disease is high and 1 in 3 women will pay that price with their life.
When women come together, there is nothing we can’t achieve. It’s time to take action.
Save Lives: Wear Red and Give
Making an impact doesn’t just feel good, it’s fun! Here’s how you can help in 3 easy steps:
- Wear Red
- Spread the Word – One is Too Many
- Get Social
STEP 1. Wear Red
If we can turn the world red, we can change the future. Choose the iconic Red Dress pin, mask, hat, tie, scarf, or even socks. Style yourself red and share a photo on social to make a bold statement for a great cause.
STEP 2. Spread the Word
Help raise awareness that cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of women and encourage everyone to wear red and give. Tell a friend - chances are we all know someone affected by heart disease and stroke because cardiovascular disease claims the lives of 1 in 3 women - that's about one woman every 80 seconds.
STEP 3. Get Social
Tips to turn your social networks red:
- Follow the American Heart Association (@American_Heart) and Go Red for Women
(@GoRedforWomen) on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Share a photo of yourself on National Wear Red Day (Friday, Feb. 5, 2021) and how cardiovascular disease has impacted your life.
- Tag your friends, asking them to Go Red, too.
- Follow and tag
@GoRedforWomen and @AmericanHeart Association
- Use these hashtags when you post: