The mission of the Office of First-Year Experience (FYE) and Mentoring is to facilitate the transition of first-year and transfer students to York College by creating opportunities and programs that enhance academic and social integration, introduce student support services, assist in leadership development and cultivate peer-to-peer engagement through mentorship initiatives and collaborative partnerships.
Student Success Sessions
Student Success sessions have been designed to assist first-year students during their transition to York College. By attending these workshops, students will:
- Engage in workshop topics that are directly related to career readiness as defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Strengthen social and emotional competencies such as self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and decision-making
- Understand concepts related to authenticity, professionalism, and perception
- Develop skills that will enhance academic and professional success by strengthening accountability, resiliency, and transferrable skills
- Cultivate relationships with faculty, administration, and peers
New Student Orientation
At York College, we use our orientation session to give you campus competence and campus confidence. You'll learn where classes are held, what professors will expect from you, and the school resources and support available.
Office Contact Information
Roosevelt A. Smith
Assistant Director of First Year Experience and Mentoring Programs
Visit the Mentoring Webpage