- POSTPONED: Interstate: A New Musical
- The Division of Student Affairs and the Department of Performing and Fine Arts present a special live concert performance of music from "Interstate", the award-winning musical by Melissa Li and Kit Yan.
- What music Music Performing and Fine Arts student employee student featured employees employee featured
- When Apr 21, 2020 from 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where Academic Core 3H Atrium
- Contact Name George Lam
- Add event to calendar iCal
The Division of Student Affairs and the Department of Performing and Fine Arts present a special live concert performance of Interstate, the award-winning musical by Melissa Li and Kit Yan.
Interstate is an Asian-American pop-rock poetry musical that follows Dash, a transgender spoken word performer who becomes internet-famous along with his best friend Adrian, a lesbian singer-songwriter. Fueled by the allure of fame and a desire to connect with their community, the band embarks on a road trip across America for their first national tour. Their fiercely political and deeply personal music touches Henry, a transgender teenage boy living in small-town middle America, and he finds solace in their art as he struggles with his own identity and family. After blogging about the band and documenting his own gender journey, he decides to set out on a quest to meet his heroes in person, hoping to find answers to his own struggles. Interstate is a touching story about how two transgender people at different stages of their journey navigate love, family, masculinity, and finding a community in the era of social media. More information: https://www.interstatemusical.com/