Apply Now For S-STEM Scholarship.
NSF S-STEM Scholarship
The NSF S-STEM Scholarship at York College, CUNY is a grant-funded program sponsored by the National Science Foundation that will award scholarships to academically talented students with demonstrated financial need.
The project, entitled "Providing Scholarships and Interdisciplinary Cohort Experiences to Increase Retention and Graduation of STEM Undergraduates in Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics", will also provide a range of curricular and co-curricular interventions to increase retention and graduation rates and facilitate the pursuit of graduate degrees and careers in STEM.
Eligible students must major in Chemistry (BA/BS), Computer Science (BS), Mathematics (BA/BS) or Physics (BS), meet academic benchmarks, and demonstrate unmet financial need beyond available government assistance.
The S-STEM Scholarship Program is Funded by National Science Foundation (NSF), Grant Award #2030396.
Why Become a York S-STEM Scholar?
As a York NSF S-STEM Scholar, you will receive:
- Up to $10,000 per year on top of your financial aid package
- The possibility of 4 years of funding and support
- Classes and activities designed to support your success
- A group of peers and faculty mentors committed to your achievement.
- Be part of a STEM interdisciplinary cohort
- Participate in Internship and Research Opportunities
Selected S-STEM scholars will receive up to $10,000 annually, and upon satisfactory progress, the scholarships will be renewed for up to four years of enrollment. The scholarship amount will be awarded based on student's unmet financial need, factoring in PELL and TAP grants.
- Application Deadline for Fall 2023 Cohort: Ongoing
- Interview Rounds: On a rolling basis.