Remote Access to Databases
Off-Campus Access to Licensed Databases
- The CUNY libraries are transitioning from the use of library barcodes for remote access to databases to the use of the CUNY Login. (You probably already use the CUNY Login to access BlackBoard and CUNYfirst.) At the moment, you can use either method for off-campus access - you will see both options on the authentication page when you attempt to access a database from home.
- To use your valid, activated barcode, enter the 14-digit Library I.D. (barcode) number from the back of your York I.D. card.
- Users can also access all of the licensed resources after logging into York's VPN (Virtual Private Network): use these links to connect to the Faculty/Staff VPN, the Student VPN, or the QHSSYC VPN. Contact the IT Service Desk (ext. 5311) for more information about VPN.
- Several New York State Library databases now offer remote access using your New York State DMV Driver License or Non-Driver Photo ID Number.
- See information on using Find It!
Still have problems/questions connecting to the library databases remotely? Send e-mail to: email@example.com.
Include your name, barcode number (i.e., Library I.D. #), name of the database you were trying to access, and the time of day you attempted access. Also include the error message, if any.
If you have problems with your VPN/network account, contact the I.T. Help Desk at x5311.
Have comments/questions concerning the York College Library website? Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.