In order to promote a quiet and safe environment for York students, faculty and staff, the Library requests the following:
- Please keep conversation to a quiet minimum. Students working in groups are encouraged to use Library Group Study Rooms.
- Cellphones must not be used in the Library. Patrons may leave cellphones or pagers on vibrate - but must leave the Library to place or receive calls.
- To maintain cleanliness and prevent damage to Library print and electronic resources, food and drink are not allowed. However, students may bring in water bottles.
- To provide equal opportunity in the use of computers and group study rooms, you may not "reserve" them by leaving your jacket, book bag, or other personal belongings.
- Please do not post or distribute flyers, advertisements, or other promotional materials inside the Library without the approval of the Chief Librarian.
Thanks for your cooperation in supporting the Library's quality of life.