- An Introduction to Regression Analysis
- Join us for a math/cs club talk by Dr. Wang of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. The talk is about regression analysis.
- What Mathematics and Computer Science Math Mathematics Math and Computer Science employee employee featured student student featured
- When May 02, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where AC-2C07 Conference Room
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-262-2551
- Add event to calendar iCal
Regression analysis is a form of predictive modeling technique which investigates the relationship between a dependent (target) and independent variable (s) (predictor). This technique is used for forecasting, time series modeling and finding any relationship between the variables. For example, the relationship between the driving distance and the number of taxes in metropolitan is an interesting study through regression. Regression analysis is an important tool for modeling and analyzing data. Here, we fit a curve/line to the data points, in such a manner that the differences between the distances of data points from the curve or line are minimized.
All are welcomed. You do NOT need to be a math or cs major to attend.