History, Philosophy, and Anthropology Dept. Academic Advisement
Advisement season continues and our Department is advising students for the upcoming Fall 2021 semester.
In light of the public health emergency, advisement appointments are held remotely, rather than in person. Telephone, videoconferencing and e-mail sessions are available. If you are not sure as to what date you may start to register, please review the dates below to determine your advisement.
Below are the availability of Advisors, and the Majors they are covering – the days and times. While all faculty members can advise in all our Major Disciplines, we have noted below the disciplines that they usually tend to. Please e-mail directly any advisor listed below to secure an advisement appointment. Include in your e-mail to the Advisor you select your full name, Emplid #, Major, and preferred means of advisement (telephone, video-conferencing, e-mail.) Also, specify a day/timeframe that is convenient for you so that you and the Advisor can coordinate a mutually agreed-upon appointment date.
- Monday, August 23rd, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Prof. Casandra Sibilin - (Philosophy, Interdisciplinary Studies Majors)
- Monday, August 23rd. 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Dr. Roberto Benedito - (Anthropology, Interdisciplinary Studies Majors)
- Tuesday, August 24th, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Dr. Robert Parmet - ( History, Black Studies, and Interdisciplinary Studies Majors)
- Tuesday, August 24th, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Prof. Kay Neale - (Interdisciplinary Studies Majors)
We are here to support you in this time of uncertainty and thank you for understanding this new approach to academic advisement.
- Dr. Robert Parmet is the Acting Chair until August 24th. Dr. Timothy Kirk will be the Department Chair upon his return from official leave on August 25, 2021.
- Dr. George White, Jr., who was previously our Department Chair, is now currently serving as Interim Dean for the School of Arts and Sciences. Due to his newer responsibilities on campus, he will not be available to provide Academic Advisement. If he has previously assisted you before, please reach out to any other Advisor listed above.
**Interdisciplinary studies majors planning to apply to the Childhood Education program should be advised by the Teacher Education department prior to advisement by this department. Please provide the name of your TE advisor and the paperwork from that advisement session with you to your advisement appointment in this department, and alert your advisor that you are planning to apply to the Childhood Education program.