CUNY Educate, Develop, Graduate, and Empower is part of The Center for Career and Professional Development.
CUNY EDGE provides students who receive Public Assistance (commonly referred to as HRA Benefits) with a range of services, benefits, and support so that they succeed in college and in their careers.
We envision the world in which all people have access to the educational opportunities and support they need to realize academic success, a sustainable career, and a brighter future.
Our mission is to help CUNY students who are receiving public assistance achieve academic excellence, graduate on time, and find employment. The vision and mission of the program are demonstrated in our core activities.
The goal is to support the specific needs of students who are receiving government assistance and are pursuing an undergraduate degree.
CUNY EDGE balances academic advising and personal support with career/employment readiness, leadership development, and community engagement while maintaining students’ compliance with HRA regulations. Our program integrates elements of successful college completion programs with work opportunities, personal development, and academic excellence. It is a pioneering effort to show that by addressing key academic, social, and financial barriers, students can focus on what matters most while they are in college – their education.
- Offers ongoing academic, personal, and career advisement
- Presents a comprehensive personal and professional development seminar series to assist students with study skills-building, problem-solving, career development, and self- advocacy
- Connects students to internship, work study, and job opportunities
- Promotes a culture of academic excellence by offering tutoring services and limited tuition support for intersession and summer classes
- Collaborates closely with campus-based departments and programs including Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, The Academic Advisement Center, and Single Stop to get students the help they need
CUNY EDGE provides individual and group advisement to students on Public Assistance for academic, personal and career exploration. We have two full-time advisors dedicated to supporting our students.
HRA Fellowship Coordinator/Program Assistant