Chicken Piccata With Pasta And Mushrooms
- 6oz Whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 1/3cp All purpose flour
- 2cps Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/4tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 4 Chicken cutlets
- 3tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 10oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2cp White wine
- 2tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4cp Chopped parsley
- 2tbsp Capers, rinsed
- 2tsp Butter
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender (4-6min). Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, whisk 5tsp of flour and broth in a small bowl until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with ¼ tsp salt and pepper and dredge both sides in flour.
- Heat 2tsp of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium fire. Add chicken and cook until browned (2-3min) per side. Transfer to plate.
- Heat the remaining 1tsp oil in pan over medium fire. Add mushrooms and cook until brown (5min). Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by ½ (1-2min). Stir in the reserved.