What is stress and how harmful is stress to your body? Stress is a condition that is related to a person’s reaction to factors that are physical, emotional, environmental and chemical. Stress is everywhere and it is impacting every gender, ethnic and socioeconomic status class.
Common signs and symptoms of stress:
- Upset Stomach
- Fatigue / Low Energy
- feeling overwhelmed
- Frequent colds and Infections
- Aches, pains, and tense muscles
- Chest pain and rapid heart beat
- moodiness, anger, irritability
10 Ways to Cope with Stress:
- Look for ways to avoid stress.
- Give yourself permission to take back some time for yourself.
- When some things are beyond your control. Look at the things that cause you stress. If you can't change them, try to stop worrying about them.
- Make time for joy in your life.
- Do some exercise that you like (dancing, swimming, jogging, shopping).
- Take a warm, scented bath. Put on some soothing music, close your eyes and let yourself relax.
- Perfectionism can be a major source of stress, so ease up on yourself.
- Beware of unhealthy quick fixes. Drinking too much, smoking or overeating won't make things better and may make you feel worse in the long run.
- Focus on healthy meals and getting enough rest.
- Talk to trusted friends or find a support group. It may not change the situation, but expressing your feelings can help you feel better. If you're overwhelmed, get professional help.