All vehicles must have a valid York Parking Permit to lawfully park on College property. All unregistered vehicles as well as vehicles parked in violation of the campus Parking Regulations are subject to penalty.
Parking on the College campus is at the vehicle operator’s risk. The registered driver is responsible for the use of the vehicle on campus. The College is NOT responsible for loss or damage to any registered or other vehicle, its contents, or equipment. The payment of parking fees provide only for the privilege of parking on campus, on a space-available basis.
Purchasing a Parking Permit
There are two ways to purchase your permit to enable access to the lots on campus. One is to use the online portal parking.york.cuny.edu or in person at the Public Safety Office (Academic Core Building, Room 1M02).
Credit or Debit Card
Save Time and Get Out of Line!
Students, faculty, and staff can now conviently purchase their for a parking permit online by visiting parking.york.cuny.edu
- Purchasing your permit online is safe, secure, fast, and easy!
- Less time spent waiting on an endless line!
- You can even pay parking violations online without ever having to setting foot on campus.
- Visit parking.york.cuny.edu and log in using your York Network ID
- Entering your License Plate and follow the Instructions
- Purchase online
- Bring documents (listed below) to public safety 1M02
- York College Identification Card (Validated)
- Valid Driver's License
- Car registration (which must be in the student's name or in the family name, or must match the address of the college member obtaining the parking permit.)
- Permit issued
Convenience Fee - As a convenience to you, York College accepts credit or debit cards for online parking permit purchasing and the online payment of parking violations. If you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, you will be charged a fee of 2.65%. This fee is nonrefundable and is used to cover the cost of processing credit and debit cards.
Purchase In Person
Cash, Check, or Money Order
Those wishing to pay by check, cash, or money order:
- You must visit the Public Safety Office and pick up the permit application
- Bring Application and then pay the applicable parking fees at the Bursar's Office
- Return to the Public Safety Office with their receipt to be issued the parking permit.
Parking Fee Schedule
|Type of Permit||Employees||Students||Continuing and |
Instructors and Students
|Reserved (President Cabinet)|
|Daily Permit 10-Day||$57.00||$57.00||$57.00||-|
|Daily Permit 5-Day||$29.00||$29.00||$29.00||-|
|Annual-Full Time Employees||$275.00||-||-||$365.00|
|Annual-Part Time Employees||$200.00||-||-||-|
|Fall Semester Full Time Employees||$160.00||-||-||-|
|Fall Semester Part Time Employees||$125.00||-||$69.00||-|
|Winter Permit |
(Only Applies to Students Without a Fall Parking Permit)
All fees and fines quoted in these procedures have been approved by the York College Auxiliary Enterprises Corporation and are subject to change without notice. Revenue generated from parking fees and fines is used exclusively to support the operation of the parking lots including maintenance, public safety, repair, construction, lighting, and snow removal.