Guidelines for Requesting CUNYfirst Application Security Access
Requesting CUNYfirst Application Security Access
- CUNYfirst Access forms are located on the CUNYfirst (PeopleSoft) Security page
- Forms should never be copied or kept on your desktop for duplication; updated forms will always reside at the above URL.
- CUNYfirst users that require access to the CUNYfirst application must fill out the appropriate form, with the necessary approval signatures.
- All CUNYfirst access forms are to be processed by the local campus Help Desk (campuses) and the CIS Service Desk (for CO staff only). A user should never send an access form directly to the Application Security Liaison (ASL). Forms should be processed by the Help Desk/Service Desk at the local campus.
- Your Application Security Liaison (ASL) will not be able to provide information regarding a role that you may need.
- Users that are unsure of what security access/role is needed for their job should seek out the Subject Matter Expert (SME) or the business owner of the application on campus to review security roles that are appropriate for them.
- If the Subject Matter Expert (SME) or the business owners of the application on campus are unsure of the roles/access needed for their employees, they should reach out to the CIS Functional groups for guidance. Your Application Security Liaison (ASL) will not be able to provide the information.
- Your Application Security Liaison (ASL) will process CUNYfirst Access request forms that were completed, approved and logged in a CRM case. Forms that are not completed properly with the correct roles selected and do not have the appropriate approvals will not be processed.
- Your Application Security Liaison (ASL) can assist you with information regarding who approvers are for your campus.