How to Manage Requisitions in CUNYfirst
Please note that Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser for using CUNYfirst.
- Log in to CUNYfirst.
- Navigate to Financials Supply Chain > eProcurement > Manage Requisitions.
- On this screen, by default, only requisitions submitted during the previous week will be visible. To view requisitions submitted prior to that, change the "Date From" field to an earlier date. To view a complete history of all submitted requisitions, clear the value from the "Date From" field and click "Search." The results will be displayed in the bottom portion of the screen.
- Particular requisitions may be found by entering known information into the appropriate fields, such as a portion of the requisition name or the entire requisition ID. A search may also be performed in any field with a magnifying glass ( ) icon.
- Submitted requisitions, status and amounts are displayed on this screen. To view the line details (items) on the requisition, click the "Req ID" link in the first column.
- On this screen requisitions may also be canceled or edited. Locate the requisition, select either "Cancel" or "Edit" from the drop-down menu on the far-right of the screen, and click the yellow "Go" button.
This screen (Financials Supply Chain > eProcurement > Manage Requisitions), lists the current status of all created requisitions. Below are definitions for all possible requisition statuses:
- Open: Requisition has been created by the requester but has not yet been submitted for approval.
- Pending: Requisition has been submitted for approval by the requester but not yet approved by the supervisor and/or department approver.
- Approved: Requisition has been approved by supervisor and department approver (this may be the same person).
- Once the requisition has been approved, a budget check will be automatically be performed by the system.
- The status of the budget check is listed in a column entitled "Budget," adjacent to the Requisition Status column:
- Not Chk'd: Requisition has not yet passed the budget check.
- Valid: Requisition has passed the budget check.
- Error: Requisition has failed the budget check.
- Denied: Requisition has been denied by either the supervisor or department approver.
- Canceled: Requisition has been canceled by the requester.
- PO Created: Purchasing agent has received the requisition and created a Purchase Order, but the Purchase Order has not yet been sent to the vendor.
- PO(s) Dispatched: Purchasing agent has sent the finalized Purchase Order to the vendor.
- PO(s) Canceled: Purchasing agent has canceled the Purchase Order.
- Partially Received: Requester has entered receipts for part of the order. Note that when referring to an Amount Only PO (open encumbrance), this status will remain until the entire encumbrance has been depleted.
- Received: Requester has entered receipts for the entire order. Note that when referring to an Amount Only PO (open encumbrance), the entire encumbrance has been depleted.