CUNYfirst Account Claiming Guide
Please note that Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser for using CUNYfirst.
- Visit the CUNYfirst homepage.
- In the gray Sign In box, click the "First Time Users" link.
- On the Account Activation screen, enter your name, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number and security phrase, then click "OK."
- On the following screen, select five security questions and provide answers for each of them. Answers are case-sensitive.
- On the last screen, enter a password. It must be between eight and 13 characters and must contain at least one number and one capital letter.
- After choosing a password, a confirmation page will appear, displaying your username and Employee ID. Print this screen for your records. Usernames are required to log in to CUNYfirst. Passwords must be changed once every three months.