CLEP offers 33 exams in five subject areas, covering material taught in courses that you may generally take in your first two years of college. By passing a CLEP exam, you can earn 3 or more college credits. Exams cost $85.
Once you receive confirmation of your exam purchase, please reserve a seat to take the CLEP exam with the Testing Center located in the Academic Core Building-Room 1G05 or (718) 262-2010/12. There will be an additional $28.50 service fee when you choose your test date and time at www.registerblast.com/cuny/exam. Students must have valid picture identification and their printed registration ticket when they arrive to test.
The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL® test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency. The average English skill level ranges between Intermediate and Advanced.
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
The NLN PAX-RN exam is an entrance exam that pre-nursing students must successfully take and pass before they are admitted to nursing school.
The PAX exam tests the pre-nursing student in three different areas. These areas include:
- Math: This section tests you on basic calculations, word problems, algebra, geometry, conversions, graphs, and applied mathematics.
- Verbal Skills: This section tests you on word knowledge and reading comprehension.
- Science: This section tests general biology, chemistry, physics, and earth science.