Child and Family Center
The York College Child and Family Center, located on the site of the former St. Monica's church, provides quality childcare and early education program for children of York College Students, Faculty, and Staff.
Our Services Include
- Flexible Scheduling will be offered to parents using their class schedules as a basis for their child's enrollment. Flexible scheduling allows parents to only register their child/children for the days and hours needed for class, work-study, fieldwork, or studying.
- Professional Staff consisting of certified teachers, assistant teachers, and aides. Our center offers an early childhood education program in a homelike, multicultural environment. Our teachers plan developmentally appropriate activities, that stimulate the intellectual and creative abilities of each individual child while enhancing other developmental skills.
- A Resource for the College Community: The Child and Family Center is an integral part of the academic community. It serves as a work-study, fieldwork, and observation site for interns from various academic departments. The child care center is directly connected to student-parent academic success and graduation.
The Center will operate in-person Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm (for Afterschool children only) Infant, Toddler and Nursery until 6 p.m. and Fridays until 4:15 p.m.
We are offering in-person childcare services for Winter 2023 and Spring 2023.
New Expanded Services!
Starting Spring 2023 hours of operation for After-school will be until 8 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
- Now Offering Free 3 K Program for 3-year-olds Fall 2023
- Now Offering Free UPK for 4-year-olds Fall 2023
- Now Offering After-school Programing for children ages 5-10 Monday - Friday
- NEW Now Offering Spring 2023 Saturday Enrichment Programming for children ages 5-10 (4, 6, or 8 week session) (9 a.m. - 1p.m. Starting February 5, 2023).
- Registration for both Free DOE programs will be in April 2023.
Seats are limited!
York College Child and Family Center
94-12 160th Street,
Jamaica, NY 11451
On the site of the former St. Monica's church
Charlene Dertinger, Director
York College Child and Family Center, Inc.
Need More Information?
Please fill out this form and we will get back to you.