Admission and Retention
The Program admits applicants each semester.
Criteria for Admission
- Matriculation at York College
- Completion of 45 or more credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.70 or higher
- Grade of "C" or higher in SCWK 101
- Grade of "C" or higher in all social work courses
- Completed application - see link below:
Retention in the Social Work Program
The criteria for retention in the Social Work Program are:
- Grade of "C" or higher in each social work course. Students who earn an unacceptable grade in a Social Work course have one chance to repeat the course and earn an acceptable grade. Faculty permission is required to repeat Social Work 410 or 492.
- Maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 2.70 or higher. Failure to meet criteria 1 or 2 will prevent a student from continuing in the major until it is corrected.
- Adherence to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics and to the York College Code of Conduct. Failure to meet these criteria may be grounds for the student's dismissal by faculty.