Associate Professor and Chair
Business and Economics
Office Location: AC-2B06N
|PhD||University of Sheffield||Information Studies||2006|
|MS||University of Sheffield||Information Systems||2001|
|University of Sheffield||Teaching and Learning in Higher Education||2004|
Areas of Expertise
- • Organisations, Management and Information Systems
• Risk management
• Knowledge Management and Knowledge Leakage
• Information Systems Project Management
• Internet Security and E-Safety
• Social Media
• Assessment in Higher Education
• Cyber Security
Articles in Field Of Expertise
• Thitima Srivatanakul and Fenio Annansingh.. ""Incorporating active learning activities to the design and development of an undergraduate software and web security course."." Journal of Computers in Education.. 9, June 2021: 25–50.
• Annansingh, F.. "Millennials, Cybercrime and Bring Your Own Device." Journal of Business Strategy. Volume 42, Number 6, 2020, 2020: pp. 392-398(7).
• Annansingh, F.. "Mind the Gap: Deep Learning in Virtual Learning Environment Perception of Instructors and Students." Education and Information Technologies. 24(2) 2019: 1-20.
• Annansingh, F., Howell, K.E., Liu, S., and Nunes, M.B.. "Academics Perception of Risks and Knowledge Sharing in Higher Education,." International Journal of Educational Management.. Vol. 32, Issue, 6 2018: .
• Annansingh, F. and Howell, K.E.. "Using Phenomenological Constructivism to Discuss a Mixed Method Approach in Information Systems Research.." The Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods.. Vol. 14 Issue 1 2017: p39-49. 11p..
• Annansingh, F and Veli, T.. "An Investigation into the E-Safety needs of children on the Internet." Interactive Technology and Smart Education. 13 2016: .
• Oladipo, O., Murphy, A., Annansingh-Jamieson, F., and Amaghionyeodiwe. "Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and Economic Growth in Nigeria: A Time Series Analysis.." International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management.. 16 2016: 149-162.
• Alkuraiji, A., Liu, S., Annansingh, F., and Pan, J.. "Knowledge network modelling to support decision making for strategic intervention in IT project-oriented change management." Journal of Decision Systems. 23 2014: 285-302.
• Howell, K.E. and Annansingh, F.. "Knowledge Generation and Sharing in UK Universities: a tale of two cultures?." Journal of Information Management. 33 2013: 32–39.
• Garcia, E., Annansingh, F., and Elbeltagi, I.. "Management Perception of Introducing Social Networking Sites as a Knowledge Management Tool in Higher Education: A Case Study”." Multicultural Education & Technology Journal. 5 2011: 258 – 273.
• Annansingh, F. and Bright, A.. "Exploring Barriers to Effective E-Learning: Case Study of DNPA”." Interactive Technology and Smart Education. 7 2010: 55-65.
• Nunes, J.M. B., McPherson, M.A., Annansingh, F., Bashir, I. and Patterson, D. "The Use of e-Learning in the Workplace: A Systematic Literature reviews." Journal of Applied Research in Workplace E-learning. 1 2009: 97-112.
• Nunes, J.M. B., Annansingh, F., Eaglestone, B and Wakefield, R. "Knowledge Management Issues in Knowledge-Intensive SMEs." Journal of Documentation. 62 2005: 101-119.
• Nunes, J.M. B., Annansingh, F., Eaglestone, B and Wakefield, R.. "“Managers’ Perceptions of the Value of Knowledge Management in Knowledge-Intensive SMEs." Journal of Knowledge Management Practice. 6 2005: .
• Adeleye, C., Annansingh, F. and Nunes, J.M. B.. "Risk management practices in IS outsourcing: an investigation into commercial banks in Nigeria International." Journal of Information Management. 24 2004: 167-180.
• Annansingh, F. and Nunes, J.M. B. "The Risks of Virtual Reality." Institute for the Management of Information Systems Journal. 13 2003: 17-20.
• Eaglestone, B., Lin, A., Nunes, J.M. B., and Annansingh, F. "Intention and Effects of IS Solutions: Does Risk Management Stifle Creativity?." Journal of Information Science. 29 2003: 269-278.
• Nunes, J.M.B. and Annansingh, F. "The Risk Factor." Institute for the Management of Information Systems Journal. 12 2003: 10-12.
Chapters in Field Of Expertise
• Annansingh, F.. "“Gamification and Accessibility: Not the Odd Couple You Might Expect”." Disability and Equity in Higher Education Accessibility. 2017: .
• Peng, A. and Annansingh, F.. "“Information Systems with Mixed-methods Research” I." Information Systems Research and Exploring Social Artefacts: Approaches and Methodologies. 2013: .
• Annansingh, F.. "“Exploring the Risks of Knowledge Leakage: An Information Systems Case Study Approach”." New Research on Knowledge Management Models and Methods. 2012: .
• Liu, S., Annansingh, F., Moizer, J., Liu, L. and Sun, W.. "A Knowledge System for Integrated Production Waste Elimination in Support of Organisational Decision making”." Decision Support Systems in Real Industrial Environment, in proceedings series of Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing.. 2012: .
Refereed Proceedings in Field Of Expertise
• Annansingh, F.,. "Bring Your Own Security Risks with BYOD." 7th International Conference on Theory and Practice in Modern Computing 18 – 20 July 2018, Madrid, Spain.. 2018: .
• Annansingh, F.,. "Gamified E-Learning In Higher Education." Proceedings of the 44th Annual NBEA Conference, Port Jefferson, New York. 2017: .
• Amaghionyeodiwe, L. A. and Annansingh- Jamieson, F.,. "Internet Use and Economic Growth in the Caribbean.." Proceedings of the 44th Annual NBEA Conference, Port Jefferson, New York. 2017: .
• Annansingh, F. and Veli, T.,. ""An Investigation into the E-safety needs of Children in the 21st Century"." 42nd Annual conference of the Northeast Business and Economics Association (NBEA) from November 5-7, 2015 at The Radisson Hotel, Jamaica, New York USA.. 2015: .
• Annansingh, F.. ""Using Phenomenological Constructivism to Discuss a Mixed Method Approach in Information Systems Research",." Institute for Public Policy and Economic Analysis (IPPEAN) 2015 Annual Conference from June 10-13, 2015 at The Radisson Hotel, Jamaica, New York USA. 2015: .
• Masilela, M., Annansingh, F. and Liu, S.. "Striving for Market Dominance in UK’s Private Healthcare Sector: A Case of Cygnet Healthcare”." 28th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering. 2012: .
• Peng, A., Nunes, J.M. B. and Annansingh, F.. "Investigating Information Systems with Mixed-methods Research." IADIS International Workshop on Information Systems Research Trends. 2011: .
• Lui, S., Annansingh, F., Moizer, J., Subramaniam P. and Sun, W. "“A Knowledge-Based Decision Support System for Integrated Waste Elimination in Lean Production Management”." Proceedings of the EWG-DSS London-2011 Workshop on Decision Systems. 2011: .
• Annansingh, F. and Bright, A. "“Exploring the Barriers to Effective E-Learning: Case Study of Dartmoor National Park Authority, UK." Proceedings of IADIS International Conference on e-Learning. 2009: .
• Annansingh, F. and Nunes, J.M. B.. "Exploring the Knowledge Leakage Risks Associated with The Design and Development of Virtual Reality Environments: A Case Study”.." Proceedings of the Web Virtual Reality and Three-Dimensional Worlds. 2009: .
• Annansingh, F., and Nunes, J.M. B.. "Validating Interpretivist Research: Using a Cross-Sectional Survey to Validate Case-Study Elicitation of Knowledge Leakage Risks Associated with the Use of Virtual Reality Models”." The 4th European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies. 2005: .
• Annansingh, F. and Nunes, J.M. B. "Elicitation of Knowledge Leakage Risks Associated with the use of Virtual Reality Models”." The 10th UK Academy for Information Systems. 2005: .
• Bhandari, P., Nunes, J.M. B., and Annansingh, F. "Analysing the Penetration of Knowledge Management Practices in Organisations through Case-Study Survey." The 4th European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies. 2005: .
• Nunes, J.M. B., Annansingh, F., Eaglestone B., and Wakefield R. "Knowledge Management Issues in Knowledge-Intensive SMEs." Proceedings of the 10th UK Academy for Information Systems Conference. 2005: .
• Annansingh, F. and. Nunes, J.M.B.. "Does National Culture Differentiate Users of E Mail in Higher Education: is Geert Hofstede still right?." Conference on Multimedia and Information & Communication Technologies in Education. 2003: .
• Annansingh, F. and Nunes, J.M. B. "“Organisational Knowledge Leakage Risk Associated With Web-Based Virtual Reality Training." Multimedia and Information & Communication Technologies in Education. 2003: .
Professional Honors, Prizes, Fellowships
• York College Undergraduate Research Day: May 09, 2019..
NSF/NSA,, GenCyber Teacher Training Cybersecurity Academy at York College, CUNY - Teacher Camp.. 2022-2024: 149,998.77 (Project Director- Co-PI)..
NSF/NSA,, GenCyber Teacher Training Cybersecurity Academy at York College, CUNY - Teacher Camp.. 2021-2023:: $149,812 (Project Director Co-PI)..
National Science Foundation (NSF), Providing Scholarships and Interdisciplinary Cohort Experiences to Increase Retention and Graduation of STEM Undergraduates in Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics; NSF S-STEM; Award# 2030396; as a Co-PI. :. 01/15/2021 - 12/31/2025: $649,955.
New York State Education Department-(NYSED, Science Technology Entry Program (STEP), York College Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP).. July 1, 2020- June 30,2025: $1,260,000 (five year cycle)..
• CUNY Career Success Initiative, Career Success Course Innovation Grant for Cybersecurity for the Software and Web Applications Security course. 2019-2020: $9,997.81.
• Cycle 50 PSC-CUNY Research Award, An Eco-Smart Parking Solution: The Cornerstone of a Smart City. July 1st, 2019: $6000.00.
• IRS Tax Counselling for the Elderly (TCE), NYC Annual Tax Season Initiative. October 2018: $20,000.
• PSC-CUNY Research Award, Bring Your Own Device: Data Protection and Cyber Security Risks. July 1st, 2017: $5,940.
Other Professional Activities and Public Service
Book Proposal Reviewer: Taylor and Francis Group Publishing Company: 2018.
Book Chapter Reviewer IGI Global Production: 2018.
Studies in Higher Education: Reviewer.
Information Systems Management: Reviewer.
Journal of Mixed Methods: Reviewer.
Journal of Information and Management: Reviewer.
International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction: Reviewer.
Judge, Junior Mathematics, Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS), York College of the City University of New York: February 4, 2018..
Judge, Queens High School Y.C. Annual Exposition: 2018.
Judge, York College STEM Exposition: 2017-2018.