Mission and Goals
Program Mission and Goals for the Communications Technology BS program at York College.
Communications Technology BS Program Goals
Television Production Concentration Goals
- Students will advance their ability to review, conceive and design linear visual story structure using motion pictures as their medium.
- Students will advance their technical skill using industry standard tools in motion based visual storytelling.
- Communicate and present their time-based work in a professional manner concurrent with modern media marketing and digital identity techniques found in the entertainment industry.
Web Design and Development Concentration Goals
- Review and create basic website architectures and designs with the user experience in mind.
- Understand the fundamentals of digital images, HTML and CSS for constructing web page designs.
- Advance communication and presentation skills necessary to succeed in obtaining professional employment and/or pursue graduate studies.