CUNY Explorers Assessment
The City University of New York (CUNY) Explorers mission is to bring middle school students to the college campus in order to promote success in high school, college, and life. Through age-appropriate visits, the program reinforces the message that all students can go to college, college is affordable, and students can take steps now to achieve their college goals.
- Maximize student success by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide middle school students with the opportunity to visit sites around the campus that are of interest based on the college's academic offerings and student-centered activities.
- Provide opportunities for parents, care-takers and adult family members of middle school students to learn about college.
- Provide professional development opportunities about college readiness to middle school teachers and administrators.
- Provide students with a quality pre-college experience.
The CUNY Explorers Assessment Unit is part of the Academic Affairs Division.