College Now Assessment
College Now’s mission is to serve New York City public high school students through college-credit courses which are aligned with the first-year of study at the City University of New York (CUNY). Pre-college activities are also offered and designed to increase academic readiness for college.
- Educate high school students and teachers about college opportunities and requirements.
- Integrate College Now students who enrolled in York College into the campus experience.
- Provide college credit courses that fulfill general education (Pathways) requirements.
- Provide College Now instructors with best practices, training and support to teach college credit courses more effectively.
- Provide high school students and teachers with college opportunities.
- Provide pre-college experiences designed to increase students' knowledge and awareness about college opportunities.
The College Now Assessment Unit is part of the Academic Affairs Division.