Counseling Center Assessment
The mission of the Counseling Center is to provide opportunities for students to define and actualize their potential toward personal, educational, and career goals through individualized, evidence-based, and culturally sensitive counseling services.
- Assist students who are on academic probation to learn effective strategies for regaining good academic standing.
- Deliver professional counseling services to students who are experiencing psychological and emotional distress so that they remain on track for their academic goals.
- Foster student success and transition into York College through Student Development courses.
- Offer preventive programs, outreach activities, and psychoeducational workshops that promote psychological wellness and enhance the student experience.
- Support the campus community by providing effective crisis response and consultation to faculty and staff.
The Counseling Center Assessment Unit is part of the Student Development Division.