Public Safety Assessment
The York College Public Safety Department strives to provide a safe and secure environment for students, faculty staff and visitors in the pursuit of their academic and professional goals on campus. Through dedication, integrity, and respect, the Department of Public Safety professionally enforces college rules as well as state and local laws.
- Build positive relationships with the campus community.
- Eliminate unnecessary steps to obtain a valid York ID card (validation stickers), without compromising the safety of our college community.
- Faculty and designated staff, will have electronic cards to access instructional spaces designated throughout the campus, with electronic locks
- Maintain a dedicated and professional staff.
- Provide a safer environment for the college community.
- Utilize emerging technology throughout the campus.
The Public Safety Assessment Unit is part of the Administrative Affairs Division.