Movement Science (BS) Program Assessment
The Movement Science Major in the Department of Health and Human Performance at York College is dedicated to providing a rigorous and informative environment that promotes education and practical applications of exercise science, in order to maintain and enhance physical performance, fitness, health, and quality of life.
- Students will be able to administer and interpret health-related physical fitness assessments.
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of principles of physical fitness and the importance of lifelong physical activity.
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of organizational and administrative techniques for running an exercise-related facility.
- Students will be able to develop and implement individualized fitness programs.
- Students will be able to demonstrate professional competencies in an internship experience.
- Students will be able to utilize exercise counseling and behavioral techniques to optimize exercise programs.
The Movement Science (BS) Program is part of the school of Health Sciences and Professional Programs, Health and Human Performance Department