Accounting (BS) Program Assessment
The mission of the Accounting Program is: (1) to offer students an accounting undergraduate major with a choice of concentrations that will provide them with the theoretical, practical, intellectual, and ethical resources needed to prepare them for their desired career path (2) to ready them for leadership positions in the public, private, governmental, and not-for-profit sectors, and (3) to provide a diverse student body with the tools needed to be productive members of their local, national, and global communities.
- Competence in written and oral communication
- Competence with technology commonly used in the accounting profession
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Ethics, including knowledge of financial regulations and professional codes of conduct
- Knowledge of each of the basic tenets of accounting required for the Uniform CPA examination: financial, managerial, taxation and auditing
The Accounting (BS) Program is part of the school of Business and Information Systems, Accounting and Finance Department