York College Abroad: A Colloquium On the Internationalized Curriculum
The Philosophy of the Internationalized Curriculum, Interdisciplinary praxis, Cultural competence redefined, York College study-abroad projects: 2012-2020 and beyond.
Feb 20, 2019 from 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
(America/New_York / UTC-500)
Add event to calendar
- 3 - 3:10 Introduction.
Speakers: Prof. Moldovan, Prof. Diner, Charles Kellerman
- 3:10-3:30 Zeitsa de Carbuna: A documentary film featuring York College students
- 3:30-3:40 Greetings from abroad – a video link with York College collaborators in
Speakers: Prof. Vadim Tarna, Alina Zagorodniuc, and Eugeniu
- 3:40-4:10 York College study-abroad projects: 2012-2020 and beyond
Speakers: Prof. Bahri, Dean Banrey, Leah Singh,
Impact: Study-abroad alums
- 3:10 – 4:40 Philosophy of the internationalized curriculum
Speakers: Provost Meletiles, Prof. White, Prof. Oladipo, Prof.
Rodgers, Prof. Moldovan
- 4:40-5 Interdisciplinary Praxis.
Speakers: Prof. Roeback and Prof. Dhar
- 5-5:20 Cultural competence redefined:
Speakers: Social work students presenting their international projects
- 5:20-5:30 Screening of a short film “Moldovan Beauty”.