- "Sparring with Smokin' Joe:" Interview with Author Glenn Lewis
- Professor Lewis will be the featured presenter discussing his book at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism on Tuesday, October. He will be discussing his book, "Sparring with Smokin' Joe: Interview with Author Glenn Lewis
- When Oct 05, 2021 from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where Virtual
- Contact Name Glenn Lewis
- Contact Phone 718-262-3865
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Sparring with Smokin’ Joe: Joe Frazier’s Epic Battles and Rivalry with Ali, by Glenn Lewis, reveals boxing champion Joe Frazier as he’s never been seen before, bringing him out from the shadow of Muhammad Ali and revealing not just the great boxer but his resilience, homespun humor, and heart, which sustained him throughout his tumultuous career and the ups and downs of fame.
Using the tools of his trade, journalist and journalism professor Lewis explores the impact of Ali’s taunts, as well as Frazier’s efforts to make his son Marvis a champ in his own image. The book is filled with never-before-heard gems from those in Frazier’s inner circle, circa 1980. An intimate story that will engage boxing fans and non-boxing readers alike.
Join us as Beth Harpaz, communications manager at Baruch College, interviews author Glenn Lewis, director of the journalism program at CUNY’s York College.