- Introduction to Sylow's Theorems
- Math/CS Club Talk by Dr. Rishi Nath of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at York College, CUNY
- What student employee Mathematics and Computer Science
- When Nov 19, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where AC-2C07
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-262-2551
- Attendees All are welcomed. You do NOT need to be a math or cs major to attend.
- Add event to calendar iCal
Join us for an Introduction to Sylow's Theorems by Dr. Nath.
Abstract: We introduce the idea of a finite group a sub-group, a p-group, Lagrange's Theorem and it's partial converse the Sylow Theorems which were discovered in 1863 by Norweigan mathematician Peter Sylow. this talk is self-contained. No prior knowledge of the content is required.