- How Secure is Your Password?
- Join us for a math/cs club talk titled: How Secure is Your Password? The talk will be given dr Dr. Srivatanakul of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science Abstract Authentication is the process of verifying the identity of an individual.
- What Math and Computer Science Mathematics and Computer Science Mathematics Math student employee employee featured student featured
- When Apr 18, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where AC-2C07 Conference Room
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-262-2551
- Add event to calendar iCal
One common example is the use of usernames and passwords in the verification process. In this talk, we will discuss several attacks on password and understand how to measure the effectiveness of a password against brute-force attacks. We will also discuss other mechanisms such as two-factor authentication that can help add an additional layer of security to the authentication process.
All are welcomed to attend. You do NOT need to be a math or cs major to attend.