- An Introduction to Field Extensions
- Join us for a talk on Field Extensions by Dr. Rishi Nath of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science We define a field and show how they extend.
- What Math and Computer Science Mathematics student employee employee featured student featured
- When Apr 11, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where AC-2C07 Conference Room
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-262-2551
- Add event to calendar iCal
We define an algebraic number field and in particular, we discuss degree 2 extensions of the rationals (such as the complex numbers). We also introduce p-adic numbers. This talk is self-contained. No prior knowledge of the topic is assumed.
All are welcomed. You do NOT need to be a math or cs major to attend.