Scholarship Application Form
This form is used for students who wish to be considered for York College Foundation Scholarships and identify other scholarships.
All scholarships require different criteria. A list of scholarships will be posted soon. If you would like to get started, submit your online application and recommendation forms before the deadline.
YC Foundation Scholarships are based upon need for York’s entering and currently enrolled students. Students are given the opportunity to apply to all that is available to which they are eligible for. They are also given a proper screening interview. York College Foundation Scholarships are funded and given by York College Representatives that donate and give back to the University for its Students. To be given the opportunity to excel in their academics and further their education.
The Scholarship Office, currently located within the Institutional Advancement Office, provides guidance and oversight to the scholarship process and maintains a website of available scholarships.
Applications Are Now Open
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2014 before 5pm
(Any application submitted after, will not be accepted.)
To be eligible for general scholarships:
- For Entering students: (Must be a graduate from Public or CUNY School)
- First-year and Transfer Students must have an original or copy of their transcripts
- Letters of recommendation attached with York College Scholarship recommendation forms to be completed by two (2) teachers/faculty members from previous schools graduated.
- Community/Volunteer and/or school service are considered when applications are reviewed
- In order to remain eligible, the student must maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12 credits or more) and grade point average that is specified
- Criteria may vary
How to apply
Criteria may vary depending on scholarship
- Select a Scholarship. (Type in General until list is posted)
- Complete and submit your online application below
- Read the instruction and Complete two recommendation forms. ( Download the fillable PDF )
For additional help before applying go to our Student Resource page or visit the Scholarship Office for assistance.
Note: The YC Online Scholarship Application is only for York College Scholarships. If you are interested in applying for any other scholarships outside of York College you must follow their directions and use their application and guidelines. We only screen YC Foundation Scholarships.
Students are given the opportunity to apply to as many Scholarships as they are eligible for. Please be aware of deadlines and READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY .
Two letters of recommendation are required. Please download the recommendation forms and return them to:
Attn: Tijanna Walker,College Assistant/Scholarship Advisor
Institutional Advancement Office- Room AC-2H03
York College - The City University of New York
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd..
Jamaica, NY 11451