Welcome to the York College STEP Program
Would you like a Tutor to double-check your homework, prepare for final exams/projects, or practice for Math and ELA?
Find out more about our Free York STEP Virtual Tutoring! (for all grades)
The Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) is a New York State Education Department (NYSED) grant-funded initiative designed to increase the number of historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged junior high and high school students prepared to enter college and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health-related fields, and the licensed professions. At York College, we are dedicated to providing quality support and services for highly motivated students in grades 7-12 in the community who wants to pursue their education or career in STEM fields.
To increase the number of historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged students prepared to enter college and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health-related fields, and the licensed professions.
Why YC STEP?
York facilitates a highly active campus community that is as rich as it is diverse. The College has grown to more than 8,300 students from 120 countries of origin, speaking more than 83 native languages.
York is committed not only to its strong and vibrant community but to the success and betterment of every student that walks through its doors. We hope to see you there and aid you in your personal growth!
- A year-round weekend ‘Tutoring and enrichment program’
- Specialized assessment test preparation
- Regents exam preparation
- Student Summer Research Program
- Academic Enrichment Workshops
- Summer Boot Camps, such as “Learning to Code” and “Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking”
- Boot Camps
- Academic Advisement and Mentoring Program
- Supplement Financial Assistance
- Career Seminars, Speakers and Networking Opportunities
- Assists students with the college application process