- Cornell University Cooperative Extension Workshop Series Part 2
- Join educators from the Urban Environment Program at Cornell University Cooperative Extension in NYC for a series of workshops that explore the importance and management of the urban forest in Jamaica, Queens. Workshops will include both indoor and outdoor experiential learning.
- What student featured employee featured Biology
- When Oct 07, 2010 from 04:00 PM to 05:50 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where 4E07
- Contact Name Dr. Cheryl Adams
- Add event to calendar iCal
Workshop 2: Exploring the Job of an Urban Forester (Oct. 7 and again on Oct. 12)
Urban foresters are tasked with planting and managing the urban forest. In making decisions about the planting, care and even removal of trees, they must consider many factors. Learn about planning, site assessment, soil, plant identification and species selection.