School of Business and Information Systems
It is exciting to be a part of the York community. Located in New York City, the business capital of the world, we encourage and assist our students to obtain internships with industry leaders and develop practical knowledge along with their classroom education. Our outstanding faculty bring a balanced mix of academic research and industry experience to the classroom. Their insights help to position our graduates to be both immediately effective in their careers as well as have a vision of the future.
In today’s economy we see massive changes in both technology and political-economic developments. The one thing we know will be constant from day to day is change. It will never stop. Hence, we are constantly developing and revising our programs to fit the dynamic environment of the business community. We judge ourselves based on our performance educating and helping students develop, and our success can only be measured by the long term positive impact we have on our students’ lives and our community.
The three tiers of our success depend on our alumni, our current students, and our support from outstanding individuals and businesses. I look forward to working with all of you and building the future of business education at York.
Charles Gengler, Ph.D.
Dean of the School of Business and Information Systems
- Department of Accounting and Finance — by Rafael Nunez — last modified Apr 20, 2017
- The Accounting faculty aims to provide students with sufficient theoretical and practical tools in the area of accounting to prepare them for the Uniform Certified Public Accountancy Examination, careers in public, private or government accounting, or to allow them to continue with graduate studies.
- CUNY Aviation Institute — by Rafael Nunez — last modified Apr 10, 2017
- The CUNY Aviation Institute (AI) at York College was established in 2003 by a grant from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to promote high quality education and research for the aviation industry. The AI is headquartered in New York City and is located on the campus of York College.
- Department of Business and Economics — by Rafael Nunez — last modified Apr 18, 2017
- The Business and Economics Department faculty aims to create knowledge and develop ethical leaders and builders of enterprises that will create value for stakeholders and the society. The Department achieves this through our degree programs in Aviation, Business, Economics, Marketing, and Information Systems Management