York College/CUNY Winter Session, Calendar, Registration Information, Instructions For Using CUNYfirst, Payment Information, etc
Registration Begins November 20, 2014
Classes meet from January 2nd-January 23, 2015
- All continuing York College students may register for the Winter Session beginning November 20, 2014.
- Seniors, juniors, sophomores, non-degree and others must register for their course(s) using CUNYfirst. When choosing a semester below the Student Center dropdown menu, students must choose Spring 2015 under the search engine of York College.
- Freshmen must report in person to the Office of the Registrar, room AC-1H06, with an approved advisement form signed by an advisor when registering.
- To access CUNYfirst log on to www.cuny.edu using your CUNYfirst Userrname and Password.
- Students who do not have a CUNYfirst account may register for it using the first time user link.
- If you are DE-REGISTERED from your Winter Session course(s) you will not be able to re-register until January 2, 2015 and a late registration fee of $18.00 will be charged to your bill.
- Students wishing to attend York who are currently registered at another CUNY institution must be approved for a Permit from their home college.
- Students wishing to attend York who are currently registered at a non-CUNY institution must come to York College and apply through the Admissions Office in room AC-1B07.
Instructions For Using CUNYfirst
To register follow these simple Step by Step Instructions:
- Go to the CUNY portal at www.cuny.edu and select CUNYfirst then enter your Username and Password.
- The CUNYfirst homepage will open, welcoming you to an Enterprise Menu. Select Student Center then a new page will open.
- If you have active stops, a STOP Hazard will appear at the top near your EMPLYD ID number and you may not be able to continue with registration. Your stops or blocks will be listed on the right of the page under HOLDS.
- If no stops exist, you will be able to continue by selecting SEARCH on the left.
- To SEARCH for classes, enter the institution- YORK COLLEGE and term SPRING 2015. Select subject and enter course code.
- To REPLACE a course that was previously added with another course (or different section of the same course), select REPLACE after the course you wish to replace. Enter the new course code in the REPLACE WITH box. Review your selection and then click on REPLACE (if correct) or CANCEL (if the change should not be completed). If the class is available, your course listing will reflect the change.
- To DROP a course, select DROP after the course you wish to drop. Choose the DROP option only if you do not choose to replace it with another course. If the class has been dropped, your course listing will immediately reflect the change. Administrative fees may be applied if you drop a class.
- You can continue to Add, Replace or Drop more classes.
- It is essential that you sign off your CUNYfirst account and log out of your CUNY portal account when you have completed your session.
- All outstanding payments for the Winter Session are due on or before Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM.
- Payments can be made to the Bursar’s Office, room AC-1H01 or online by accessing CUNYfirst at www.cuny.edu.
- AMS payment plans will not be available for the Winter Session.
- For payment purposes, Winter Session tuition and applicable fees will be billed separately from the Fall term although they appear on the same bill. Courses for Winter Session will have ‘*2’ noted next to the course.