Academic Advisement Center
Academic Advisors assist students to
- make decisions related to their academic careers at York College.
- understand graduation requirements, and how they impact the choice of courses.
- develop an academic plan for persisting to graduation.
- understand York College programs, policies, procedures and resources.
- explore various majors, and where they can lead after graduation.
- explore life goals, values, abilities, interests and limitations.
The Academic Advisement Center provides advisement services for the following:
- Entering transfer students
- Students who have not declared a college major
- Students unable to see their faculty advisor
- Non-matriculated students
- Students submitting petitions to the Committee on Academic Standards (CAS)
Students in the following programs and statuses are not advised by the Academic Advisement Center:
- Students with less than 28 credits
- English as Second Language
- York Scholars
- Student Support Services
- Students with Disabilities
- York Enrichment Services (YES)
- Students on probation
Use the online Student Advisement Handbook to find all the information that you will need to understand the programs, policies, procedures and resources at York College.
As a new student it is very important that you familiarize yourself with the requirements and expectations of your new institution.
Academic Advisement Center Hours
When classes are in session:
Monday and Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Tuesdays and Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (2nd Saturday of month)
- Academic Core Building , Room 2C01
- 718-262-2280 (Academic Advisement)
- 718-262-2770 (Committee on Academic Standards)