Who Should Win This Election (8/29/99)
Mathematics and Computing Department
York College (CUNY)
Jamaica, New York 11451-0001
Email: email@example.com (for additions, suggestions, and corrections)
Fifty-five voters have produced the following collection of ballots on 5 choices:
1. Who should be declared the winner?
2. What method did you use in deciding who the winner should be?
3. If a ranking is to be made, rather than selecting a single winner, how would you
rank the 5 choices?
4. Are you still happy with the plurality method of conducting elections after studying
5. If different reasonable methods of conducting elections lead to different winners
what lesson does this have for democracies?
Back to Fairness Course Resources
Back to my Home Page