- Building Safer Relationships and Community 2022
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- What Women Center Student Activities
- When Apr 07, 2022 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- All dates Apr 07, 2022 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM Apr 14, 2022 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM Apr 21, 2022 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM Apr 28, 2022 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
- Contact Name Ebonie N Jackson
- Contact Phone 718-262-2008
- Add event to calendar iCal
As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April, The Women's Center for Gender Justice and the CUNY Women's Council present Building Safer Relationships and Community.
SAVI [mountsinai.org], the Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention program at Mt. Sinai will facilitate this 4-part series, offering workshops about sexual assault, intimate partner and domestic violence, consent, bystander intervention, and responding with care.
- 4/7: Empower You: Sexual Violence 101 - An overview on what constitutes sexual violence as well as resources for students seeking support.
- 4/14: The Art of Asking: A Virtual Workshop on Consent - a workshop on affirmative consent; ways to ask for it and sign if it's been given (or not).
- 4/21: Bystander Intervention: Interrupting Violence in Your Communities - a workshop to unpack cultural norms and stereotypes while exploring strategies for preventing violence in our communities.
- 4/28: What's So Scary About Ghosting? A Virtual Workshop on Rejection - a workshop on ghosting; what is it and how do we respond to rejection
RSVP for this series that runs Thursdays in April from 1-2 pm.
Open to all faculty, staff, and students!