Working with a Writing Fellow
York College has Writing Fellows (WFs) to work with faculty in all disciplines to help implement the College's WAC Program.
Writing Fellows are available for consultation and can help faculty teaching Writing-intensive courses in developing a successful WI syllabus:
- Draft scaffolded writing assignments
- Help enhance previous writing assignments or create new ones
- Develop informal “low-stakes” writing exercises
- Craft writing assignments that will discourage plagiarism
- Create writing-based activities tailored to your specific course
- introduce time-saving grading techniques
- Help your students improve their writing and their understanding of discipline-specific writing guidelines
WFs have increasingly become an additional resource in the classroom by offering mini-workshops on writing within the context of the course. From synthesizing and integrating sources into a paper, to planning, drafting, and outlining a paper, WFs help students develop key writing skills.