General Testing Rules
Rules regarding the testing center.
- Photo Identification - Photo identification is required to test - York College identification or other student identification, driver license, passport or another form of government issued photo identification, are all acceptable forms of photo identification. Photo identification must be current. Original photo identification must be presented - photocopies, faxed copies and/or electronic copies are not allowed.
- Electronic Devices - All electronic devices including cell phones are to be turned off and put away. Please note that calculators are not permitted in the testing room unless it is a necessary testing accommodation that has been pre-approved by the Disability Service Office.
- Restroom Breaks - Candidates are advised to use the restroom before entering the exam area. Upon exiting the exam room, all testing material must be turned in. The Office of Accessibility may provide special waivers to this rule as needed. Documentation of waiver must be presented to the Academic Testing Specialist at least one week prior to the exam.
- Unattended Children - Children are not allowed in the room(s) used for testing. Please make other arrangements for children. Further, children are not allowed to be unsupervised in the York College Testing Center.
- Quiet Please - One of the purposes of the Testing Center is to provide a quiet, undisturbed testing environment. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere. Standing outside of a testing room to talk to others is prohibited.
- Process - After your picture identification has been seen and verified, you will be signed in and directed to the examination room. The proctor will then escort and assign you to your seat.
- Violation Of Rules - If a candidate violates the guidelines established by the York College Testing Center or the institution providing the exam, the incident will be reported for possible academic disciplinary action. In addition, the candidate may be escorted out of the Testing Center by Campus Safety and Security.
- Special Testing Accommodations - Candidates who require testing accommodations should submit proof of their accommodations at least two weeks prior to the exam date. Announcing the need for special accommodations on the day of the exam may require the exam to be rescheduled to ensure that the accommodations are met. Please contact the Center for Students with Disability at 718-262-2191.