CAT Writing Test
The CATW is designed to test your ability to think and write in English, similar to the way you will be asked to think and write throughout your college career. It consists of a reading passage (the text) and writing instructions. You must read the passage and instructions and then write an essay responding to the passage while following the instructions. You have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
You may bring a non-electronic dictionary to the test (a paperback dictionary is recommended), bilingual if preferred.
The passing score is a 56
- What is the CUNY Assessment Test in Writing (CATW)?
- Format of the CUNY Assessment Test in Writing
- How Your Writing Is Evaluated
- Calculating Your CATW Total Score
- The CATW Reading Selection
- How to Understand the CATW Writing Directions
- Writing the CATW Response
- Strategies for Taking the CUNY Assessment Test in Writing
For more information please click on the following links: