Personal tools

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


An F-1 student may work up to twenty hours a week while school is in session and full-time during breaks. On campus- employment means that the student is allowed to work on campus at any CUNY University as long as they are given permission by their International Student Advisor and have a social security number.

In order to obtain a social security number, you must present a letter to your ISO stating that you have a job offer. You have to go to the nearest social security office and present your letter from your International Student Advisor, I-20, valid passport and your I-94 card to request a social security number.

International Student Services
Academic Core Bldg, Room 1H06
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451
(718) 262-xxxx
Registrar Directory