SPARC Training Program
As part of New York State’s Enough is Enough (“EIE”) statute, all NYS colleges must provide ongoing education and training about sexual misconduct to their students. To be in full compliance with this law, CUNY implemented the Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course (SPARC). This training also includes domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, and sexual violence.
It is important that all students admitted to York College for fall 2019 or spring 2020 complete SPARC. Failure to do so will result in a “HOLD” being placed on their CUNYFirst record, which will prevent students from registering for future classes.
SPARC is structured in four parts and should take about 30 minutes to complete. The course needs internet access and audio capabilities and should be taken on devices with a tablet size screen or larger. Major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer released within the previous two years, are highly recommended to avoid technical issues. SPARC completion certificate should be printed or saved and kept secure for provision upon request.
How to Self-Enroll to the SPARC Training site in Blackboard
- After logging into Blackboard, on the Home tab, scroll down and on the left-most column find the “Organization Search” panel.
Type in the words “York Student SPARC Fall 2019” (it is not case-sensitive) in the textbox and click “Go”.
- Be patient, it may take a while to complete the search. When it is done, look at the bottom of the “Browse Organization Catalog” page, you will see the training course “York Student SPARC Fall 2019”.
- Move your cursor near the text under “Organization ID” and click the down arrow, then click “Enroll”.
- The “Self Enrollment” page is displayed. Click “Submit” button at the bottom right to enroll.
Accessing and Printing SPARC Certificate of Completion
- After you complete the SPARC training, save and/or print your certificate.
- In the SPARC site, on the menu at the left, click “SPARC Completion Certificate,” then click the dot as indicated on the “SPARC Completion Certificate” card.
- On the ‘SPARC Completion Certificate” page, take a screenshot or a photo with your phone camera.
- Save the screenshot or the photo in a safe place.
- Print the screenshot or the photo if required.