SPARC Training Program
As part of New York State’s Enough is Enough (“EIE”) statute, all NYS colleges must provide ongoing education and training about sexual misconduct to their students. To be in full compliance with this law, CUNY implemented the Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course (SPARC). This training also includes domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, and sexual violence.
It is important that all students admitted to York College for fall 2020 complete SPARC. Failure to do so will result in a “HOLD” being placed on their CUNYFirst record, which will prevent students from registering for future classes.
SPARC is structured in four parts and should take about 30 minutes to complete. The course needs internet access and audio capabilities and should be taken on devices with a tablet size screen or larger. Major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer released within the previous two years, are highly recommended to avoid technical issues. SPARC completion certificate should be printed or saved and kept secure for provision upon request.
How to Self-Enroll to the SPARC Training site in Blackboard
- After logging into Blackboard, on the Home tab, find a module panel called “Training Courses for York Students.”
- Click “Student SPARC Training Course” link in the panel.
- On the “Self Enrollment” page, click Submit.
- You will see “Action Successful” message. It means that you are enrolled in the course site. Click OK to enter the course. To access the site in the future, look at it in “My Organizations” panel on the Blackboard Home page.
- If you do not see this message but an error message, email to email@example.com with your name and empl ID or walk-in to room AC – 4EA1 during the weekday hours for help.
Accessing and Printing SPARC Certificate of Completion
After you complete the SPARC training, save and/or print your certificate.
- In the SPARC site, on the menu at the left, click “SPARC Completion Certificate,” then click the dot as indicated on the “SPARC Completion Certificate” card.
- Click “Print Certificate” button.
- A pop-up window appears showing your certificate.
- At the bottom left of the certificate, you will see “Print Certificate” button. Click on it and print it to a printer or save your certificate as a PDF document