SPARC Training Program
As part of New York State’s Enough is Enough (“EIE”) statute, all NYS colleges must provide ongoing education and training about sexual misconduct to their students. To be in full compliance with this law, CUNY implemented the Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course (SPARC). This training also includes domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, and sexual violence.
It is important that all students who were admitted to York College in either the fall of 2018 or spring 2019 complete SPARC. Failure to do so will result in a “HOLD” being placed on their CUNYFirst record, which will prevent students in registering for classes. SPARC should take about 30 minutes to complete. The course is structured into four distinct parts and should be taken on devices with a tablet size screen or larger.
How to Self-Enroll to the SPARC Training site in Blackboard
- After logging into Blackboard, on the Home tab, scroll down and on the left-most column find the “Organization Search” panel.
- Type in the words “York Student SPARC Spring 2019” (it’s not case-sensitive) in the textbox and click “Go”.
- Be patient, it may take a while to complete the search. When it’s done, look at the bottom of the “Browse Organization Catalog” page, you will see the training course “York Student SPARC Spring 2019”.
- Move your cursor near the text under “Organization ID” and click the down arrow, then click “Enroll”.
- The “Self Enrollment” page is displayed. Click “Submit” button at the bottom right to enroll.